This week, the image I’d like to show is from one of my earliest published editorials, that I styled almost ten years ago (I know!!!!). I look back at it and get such a strong feeling of nostalgia… I was so lucky that when I started out styling in London, I was fortunate enough to be loaned clothes from top luxury designers like Diane Von Furstenberg (DVF).
1) I still love the DVF jacket the model is wearing.
2) The bold clash of colour and print.
3) The fusion of mixing Western and African influences, which is what I have stayed true to till this day.
4) During the shoot, I had a lady on hand who tied all the headpieces, and I love the head tie shape she created in this shot.
5) All the jewellery is from one of my favourite jewellery stores in the world: Pebble London. If you love ethnic-inspired jewellery, headpieces, decor and craft work, you have to, HAVE TO make a trip there! Their pieces are composed of fabulous metals, stones, wood, glass, coral and amber from places like India, China, Africa, Thailand and South America.
What do you like about this image?