The Nigerian TV network, Silverbird TV would like me to host and produce a 2nd Edition of my: Fashion Special With Biki John. The plan is to film in September during London Fashion Week S/S 16.
This time around I want to involve you-my target audience- in the Development Stages to learn more about what kind of Fashion/Beauty TV you want to watch. Ideally, what I would love to do is have a Focus Group meeting with an audience that consists of my Blog Followers and the rest of the people I am targeting for this show. Alas, this is not possible. So instead, with this article I want to focus on a segment of my target audience- you guys!
In order for you to share with me what kind of content you’d like me to feature in the 2nd Edition of the show; it’s important you have some crucial background knowledge, as this will influence the filming ideas you give me.
1) For budget reasons, all footage has to be shot in one day, which means 10 hours of filming. So any ideas you give me has to be something that can be shot in one day. Also, all the filming has to take place in London.
2) For budget reasons, it will not be possible to film any live shows or go backstage. However, should we focus on a designer we will be able to get clips from their fashion show/s.
3) My Target Audience is Early 20 Somethings to Late 30 Somethings. People who are cosmopolitan, style-conscious and into the Arts. Ratio of Women to Men: 90:10.
4) As the TV show is being aired in Nigeria before being put on YouTube- the primary target audience are Nigerians. However as London is the focus: the show’s contents will be from a strong international standpoint.
5)The show will be split into 2: Part 1 and 2 and will be 15-20 minutes each maximum.
Bearing those background facts in mind, I would be very grateful if you let me know:
1) What type of fashion content would not only interest you but compel you to Share the footage on your Social Media, with friends etc?
2) What aspect of beauty would you find entertaining and informative to watch. E.g. a beauty tutorial focusing on which beauty trend or look? (This section will be shot in 3 hours max)
3) When it comes to featuring London’s Street Style- would this interest you? (This section will be shot in 2 hours max)
4) Regarding interviewing a designer or a brand: what kind of brands/designers would you want interviewed? How With this I don’t mean the name of the brand, but rather the market segment of the brand, i.e would you prefer an African brand, luxury brand, high street brand, e-commerce brand… (This section will be shot in 3 hours max)
5) Regarding doing a very short segment of myself- what topic/content would you like me to cover, that is somewhat linked to Fashion Week? (That section will be shot in 1 hour max)
6) Finally, what topic/segment would you like introduced to the show?
These are a lot of questions and I appreciate they do need some thought. Your feedback and comments are greatly valued and appreciated, so I hope you let me know your thoughts on the above. If you need to ask me any questions, please message me in this article’s Message Box.
PS if you haven’t seen the First Edition of my TV show you can watch it here.
Big Thanks In Advance!